Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

6 Months and What I Know Now

Bennett is 6 months today. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'm not sure how this is even possible. Wasn't he just born? It really goes all too quickly. I spent a little extra time yesterday just staring at him and soaking up his 5 month old-ness.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is what he did with his sign the rest of the time. 

I did this post for Max when he was 6 months old and find SO much of it to be true still today. I love looking back at who he was then and seeing that so much of that still remains. I honestly panicked when I started thinking about writing one for Ben. It had been just Max and me for six whole months. We spent every waking (and sleeping) hour together. There was no demanding two year old dividing our time. Did I know Ben as well as I knew Max? I was horrified that I would sit to write this and find I had NOTHING to say.

Then, I really thought about it and realized that I know Ben much differently, but just as thoroughly. So, here it is: What I Know Now about Bennett at 6 months old.

Photobucket

Bennett wears his emotions on his sleeve. When he cries, his face is soaked with big, wet tears and his face his puffy and swollen. When he smiles, the clouds part and let every bit of sunshine that the heavens could possibly offer shine down. There's no second guessing how Ben feels about something and his emotions come in roaring waves. Easily upset, but just as easily as happy as can be. I see a lot of myself in Ben with these strong emotions and I think I'll really "get" him and how expressive he is as he grows.

Photobucket 

Bennett is a mover. If he is awake, he is constantly moving. He rolled early on and is pushing himself up on all fours now and sliding himself backwards. Of course, in true Bennett fashion, this infuriates him. He wants to move forward and poor kid just keeps getting farther from his desired object. But it doesn't every stop him from moving. I often leave him sitting up (with a boppy around him) and return 2 minutes later to him across the room, on his belly, and facing an entirely different direction. I have no idea how this happens. He just MOVES all the time. Even if you're holding him he's never relaxing. He just reaches and arches and squirms. I predict we'll have a very energetic little boy on our hands.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Bennett likes to be involved. He gets very upset (huge, wet tears - it's all very dramatic) if he feels left out of ANYTHING. Especially something that Max is involved in. I thought I could have a little time before I had to bust out my referee whistle, but nope. Ben wants everything Max has, wants to do what Max is doing and wants to be wherever we all are. If I place him down and walk to the kitchen with Max he's devastated. If I bring him with me he's all smiles and squeals. It goes without saying that Ben does not allow anyone to forget he's there. I think Max will having a doting little brother to keep him very entertained.

Photobucket

I know this is a weird thing to say about Ben, but I think he's not going to be a big eater. Haha! I think he'd much rather play than eat (I mention this, I think because Max is the opposite. He'd eat all day rather than play) and doesn't care too much for his solids. He eats them, but wants to finish quickly and get out of his highchair. Same with nursing. Get in and get done. He's got much more important things to tend to. Like seeing what Max is up to.

Photobucket


Height: 27 1/2 inches 
Weight: 20 pounds 
Sweet as can be - We love you SO much, Bennett!! 

1 comment:

red hippo said...

What a great six months! He is just FABULOUS!! And you, my dear, are a fantastic Mama.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...