Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 16, 2010

What I Know Now

Now that we're halfway to the year mark, I wanted to record what I've learned about Maxton's personality and character and see how much it changes or not over the next 6 months. I am adoring witnessing his development and I've noticed some very specific traits that I wonder if he'll keep or not.

The first thing I've noticed is that Max has the hardest time waking up! It's so precious. He will be "awake" for about 15 minutes but his eyes are closed and he's squirming around and burying his head into my chest. When he does open his eyes he's happy and peaceful. I wonder if he'll always have this difficulty waking... which means I also wonder if he'll be prone to sleeping in (score!)

The second trait in Max, and one of my personal favorites, is his thoughtful nature. He is an observer. He watches and thinks about the things and people around him. He studies his toys with a furrowed brow and I always wonder what he's thinking about. When people approach him he tends to hang back and ponder them before choosing to smile. I love how he seems to think before acting at such a young age. I don't possess this particular trait and I'm VERY happy that this seems to be just one of the ways that Max is like his daddy.

The last thing I want to document is how attached he is to me. He likes me to hold him when he wakes up for awhile versus anyone else! When he sits and plays he fusses a bit until I come sit with him and he puts on hand on me and plays with the other. He also sporadically reaches out to "hug" me and burry his head in my chest. I just adore how much he loves me and hope this continues to be present as we hit his first birthday.

Watching Maxton grow is the joy of my life. He is the most amazing, sweetest little boy.

1 comment:

Patrick and Kimberly Gillette said...

That was so sweet and fun to read. Max is such a sweetheart and I look forward to seeing him very soon and watching he and Quinn interact. Love you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...