Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Have A Problem

I've been a long time fan of Pottery Barn. Before I could afford to buy any furniture at all, I still got the catalogues delivered and ogled at all the beautiful dark wood furniture and dreamt of furnishing my entire home in Pottery Barn.

We bought our first Pottery Barn pieces off the floor at a discount price. We had been married a little over a year and we bought a coffee table, TV console and side table for the couch. They each had little scratches, but we got them for 25% off so we didn't care. Pottery Barn was officially in our home!

Next came our desk, which at the time was used as makeup table for me.

When we bought our house, our first major purchase (oh, and it was major) for it was an entire bedroom set from good ole' PB. A bed, dresser, and two nightstands.




Our old bedding is from Pottery Barn as is our current bedding. 




Shockingly, our crib and nursery dresser is not from Pottery Barn Kids. They didn't get great safety reviews and so I went another way. But, I did get espresso colored wood so that I could easily pair any Pottery Barn with it in the future.

When it came time to get Max a big boy bed we went with a twin from Pottery Barn. His table and chair set where he eats snack and does art projects is another Pottery Barn goody.



Then we went ahead and got him a coordinating red bookshelf. 



THEN, we moved again and needed a bookshelf, so we picked up one of these beauts:


So... what does that put us at? 11 pieces of Pottery Barn furniture and two bedding sets.

I'm not telling you this to brag. I seriously have a problem. I said to my friend today that I believe myself to be incapable of buying furniture from anywhere but Pottery Barn.

I've decided to just go ahead and embrace it. I am who I am and I happen to freaking LOVE Pottery Barn. Like, A LOT.

So... we need a new couch. It's time. We've had our couch (which we bought off of friends who had used it for who knows how long) over 8 years ago. It's SO time.

We're planning to have this in our home by the beginning of May:


I almost peed my pants just now. I'm SO excited. And, to add insult to injury, I just bought this yesterday:


And, there you have it. I have a problem. And, I've decided that I'm okay with that.

Feel free to judge, because I certainly do.

3 comments:

Patrick and Kimberly Gillette said...

Your problem makes for a beautiful home. Speaking of, when's that home tour post coming? :)

Jamie said...

I guess I'll do it after the couch comes! Hold tight ;)

jeannene said...

tell me you are not getting that color of couch though! with 2 littles and a dog?

I have one of the wooden carts/under table- it totally rocks! it was orig. for Matthew's 'stuff' years ago and now it is under our bed with...well storage :) it makes for easy access under tables & bed. <3 it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...