Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Top 10 Series... Let's Start With FOOD

I'm going to do a few series here on the ol' blog because I miss blogging and starting a series might help me blog a bit more... give me some material. This series is a Top 10. I'll share my top 10s of various categories and encourage you to share yours. I'm starting with comfort foods.

This is a far cry from my usual, "I want to be healthy" posts. Most comfort foods aren't the healthiest, and, well... this list is no exception. My definition of comfort food is something that I want when it's cold out, I'm feeling nostalgic, or simply want to spend some time in the kitchen whipping up something warm. To me, comfort food is always warm.

Without further delay; my top 10 comfort foods (in order from least favorite comfort food (but still delicious and amazing) to most coveted comfort food ever according to me.


10. Pancakes
What's not to love about pancakes? Dripping with butter and syrup. You can flavor pancakes to your hearts content. Blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, the world is your breakfast oyster. 

9. Chinese food
Chinese food is something I really crave when weather is cold. I love nothing more than to sit and watch a fabulous chick flick and eat chinese food. My favorites are chow mein and any kind of breaded chicken in a sauce. Orange, sesame, lemon... what-have-you. Chinese food just makes me feel good. 

8. Biscuits

Preferably cheddar dill biscuits made at home by me. I love rolling dough, I love making a floury mess of the counter. I love the way they smell cooking in the oven. I love spreading homemade jam on them or dipping them into a savory soup. 

7. Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha
Sweet, caffeinated, warm... it's my favorite Starbucks drink. 

6. Loaded Baked Potato


I love a crispy, salty skin of a soft, warm baked potato loaded with butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon. Baked potatoes are perfect, by the way, with a medium rare filet mignon. Cooked at home. By Ritchie. 

5. Spiced apples, preferably with ice cream and caramel


These make the house smell amazing and are a perfect dessert. They're not too heavy, but still give me a sweet flavor after a savory meal. Spiced apples scream, "FALL!" to me. Yummm... 

4. Chocolate chip cookies


Baking my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is SO comforting to me. I love to involve Max in all the measuring and stirring. This recipe is by far my favorite and anytime I crave baking, I turn to this easy fix. 

3. Pasta with homemade meat sauce

Ritchie makes the most amazing meat sauce in the history of meat sauces. It simmers on the stove for hours and makes enough for us to freeze afterwards. I love thick, hearty spaghetti noodles. No angel hair pasta for me. Cover this in some parmesan cheese and I've died and gone to comfort food heaven. 

2. Tomato soup and grilled cheese

Sadly, I've yet to find a homemade tomato soup recipe that I love so I stick with Progresso Tomato Basil. It gets the job done. For grilled cheese though? My favorite is rosemary bread, turkey, gruyere cheese, bacon and fig jam. Go make this right now... just go. 


1. Corn and cheese chowder WITH bread


Pioneer woman's recipe is my go to. I love to cook this soup. I love the way it's done in 30 minutes. I love to dunk bread in it. I LOVE that it lasts me for the next 3 days and I usually have it for lunch and dinner for 3 days straight and I never tire of it. As soon as it gets cold out I immediately want this soup. It's creamy, it's hot, it's cheesy, and it's perfect. My ultimate comfort food. 

What's your go-to comfort food? 











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...