Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

I'm not putting this on my culinary blog that I can't figure out how to delete (I mean, seriously, what was I thinking?) BUT I want to give everyone this chocolate chip cookie recipe because it is seriously delicious. Seriously. Like, we make them twice a week sometimes. So, if you're up for gaining 5 pounds instantly then you'll enjoy these immensely!

1 cup + 2 Tbl all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt (yes, it has to be kosher - it makes a difference)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temp
1/2 cup light brown sugar (yes, it has to be light - don't mess with the ingredients, folks)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I usually put 1 1/4 cup because who doesn't like more chocolate??)
3/4 cup walnuts chopped (optional)*
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)*

* tonight was the first night I've ever put in the optional ingredients and it was seriously worth it!! (Kim - I know you hate coconut, so you have permission to leave that ingredient out :)

  1. stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
  2. Stir together the egg and vanilla in small bowl and set aside.
  3. in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on med. speed until just mixed. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. (you can also use a hand mixer)
  4. And the egg mixture to the butter mixture and beat well.
  5. Put mixer on low and add the flour mixture to the egg and butter mixture.
  6. Stir in chips, walnuts, and coconut.
  7. Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
  8. Drop rounded spoonfuls (I usually roll into 1- 1 1/2 inch balls) and place onto cookie sheets sprayed with Pam.
  9. Bake 10-12 min. Mine take exactly 11 minutes. You want them to be slightly underdone so they are gooey and soft, with brown, buttery edges.
  10. Let them cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes (very important) and then transfer to a wire cooling rack (also very important) to let them cool completely.
  11. Use will power not to eat them all in one sitting like someone I know.
YUMMMMM.... I know it's hot, but wait for evening (I started mine tonight at 9 o'clock) and bake away. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...