Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 7 and 8 - AKA The Real Food for 5 Day Challenge?

Ugh. I decided to bundle together these two miserable days and I'm going to do it quickly and just know I DO feel guilty.

Day 7

We went out on day 7 for ALL THREE MEALS. Yikes. Here was the outcome.

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast, swiss, avocado and mushroom omelet with hash browns

Lunch: Pizza (I know, I know) and a greek salad with (oh, boy) diet coke (which I thought was INSANELY delicious - sorry)

Dinner: Chicken and a spinach salad with veggies and no dressing

So, two out of three that followed the basic rules. Not bad I guess. I blame lunch on Gilroy. We had Togos, In-n-out and pizza to choose from. We only chose pizza because we weren't sure what the kids would eat from the other two.

Day 8

Today. It was great until I got sick at 5pm out of nowhere. Chills, body aches, sore throat and tongue (what the heck?). So my making dinner was out of the question.

Breakfast: Banana and almonds

Snack: Triscuit like cracker and peanut butter

Lunch: Chicken with apple and cheese

Snack: Energy bites

Dinner: Peanut butter and jelly (rule broken with the jelly only) and tomato soup (Progresso - rules broken all over the place)

I needed comfort food and Ritchie was cooking up something quick after Max went to bed for me since I was soaking my sore body while they ate dinner. Ugh.

So, this is quickly becoming a 5 day challenge since that's how many days I made it without breaking rules. I'll still finish, but if I'm sick like this tomorrow I make no promises. Healthy food isn't the easiest to prepare. But I WILL try and do everything in my power to stick with this.

By the way, I don't care how bad Diet Coke is for you, I'm adding one a day back in starting Thursday - day 11.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...