Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 23, 2011

36 Weeks

And here we are. Nine whole months pregnant. But, see? This is where "they" getcha. You aren't pregnant for 9 months, no, no. You are pregnant for a whopping 10 months. Nobody tells you that until you've successfully been knocked up. THEN and only then are "they" all, "Oh, and by the way...". In any case, we have approximately one month left until Baby B's big arrival!

Photobucket

Ritchie and I tried our hands tonight at some maternity photos in San Francisco. I think they turned out pretty decently. I've been having some fun with editing, so don't mind my over editing ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max has been a fun part of the pregnancy journey this time around. He's aware that the belly is called "baby" and he'll rub it and kiss it. We're working on him saying the baby's name, so far without any luck. I cannot wait to watch my boys grow together. I have visions of them laughing and rough housing together. I can honestly say that I hope to have lengthy stories to tell their children of times that they collaborated some mischievous plan to get away with something. I hope that they are true best friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've gained a grand total of 34 pounds thus far (I gained 25 with Max). If I can keep it under 40 I'll be pleased. That really SHOULDN'T be a problem, but I don't have the same eating restrictions I did with Max and the Gestational Diabetes. I am seeing the sporadic high number here and there and so I've reeled in my sugar/carb intake some more in the past week. I just found out today that I tested positive for Group Beta Strep. This isn't shocking considering I was positive with Max as well. It shouldn't add any major complications, just a bit more to deal with from now until delivery and there's some precautionary steps that will be taken during the labor at home as well.

Photobucket

In other pregnancy discomforts, my sciatic nerve has apparently become pinched and whatever's pinching it isn't letting go easily. I'm now seeing a chiropractor regularly in hopes of getting this taken care of since I can barely walk most days. Makes "chasing" a toddler super fun. We're surviving somehow but it's getting old fast. Other than that, I actually feel great! I'm sleeping well and feeling fairly energized for being 36 weeks.

Photobucket

I just can't believe this little guy will be here in the next 5 weeks or so. I'm hoping to make it all the way to 40 weeks, and maybe a day or two over, but NOT to reach 41 weeks. Haha! But, I'm not picky ;) I'm really trying to enjoy this last month as we're not sure whether or not we'll be having a third. This could be the last time I feel a little one squirming around in there while I live in anticipation of knowing him and what he'll look like, who he'll be. There's nothing quite like that. It's been a beautiful journey.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...