Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Decorating Itch


This happens to me every. single. year. The itch. The itch to decorate/redo rooms. Lucky for me our townhome isn't complete and there is much to do! The problem is that I could care less about the boring stuff like finishing the baseboard and casing or putting in new doors (don't get me wrong, I want these things done, but they don't excited me like making over a room).

My current obsession is our bedroom. Here is what it currently looks like (when clean, which is never):




Here are my latest inspirations for the space:

GAH! Don't you just love the map background? And the black and white photography is SO me!
I really like this duvet cover and I think it may even work with our current quilt which I love. I'd have to piece it all together, but I can see it in my head.

The problem is (well besides money and time - always an issue) that I have no idea how to do that map wall. Also I believe that the wainscoting is very important for the look. If you've been to our house you know we have a whole lotta wall in our bedroom and covering it all in wainscoting would not be an easy task (but maybe worth it??) . I also haven't a clue which wall that map mural should be on or where the furniture should all go. Hmm... advice?

4 comments:

the hamms said...

but hey don't you already have the oar?

Jamie said...

Yes Rachel... but the oar is for downstairs. We don't actually want the oar upstairs, but we want the map wall collage and the pics, etc...

McCaulie said...

I have the same problem! I am currently working on our room :)

Here's a link to many wall murals . . .

http://www.worldmapsonline.com/wallmurals.htm

McCaulie said...

Ok I took a closer look at that picture and it looks like a bunch of maps - not just on large mural. This probably will be a whole lot cheaper! Just get different maps with colors that you like (AAA gives out maps for free) and use wallpaper paste to put them up! Easy peasy! Call me if you want to chat about it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...