Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Beginning of the End

It's the beginning of the end of a few important things for Max.

He's not nursing during the day anymore. He is practically sleeping through the night, though I am sneaking one early morning nursing in there to gain an extra hour or so of sleep, so that nursing may soon be gone, too. Within a month, I suspect he won't be nursing anymore. Even as I type this I begin to well up. I'm so ready, but at the same time it's a big step. It's autonomy from me, his momma. He won't need me for nutrients anymore. He's becoming independent. I know this needs to happen and it's good for us both, but part of me want to hang on just a little bit longer. Maybe I will do just that. Each time we nurse I drink it up and let it linger because I know this form of bonding is slowly but surely coming to a close. I will miss these days, as hard as they sometimes were.

In more exciting news, we have a step taker!! Max had previously taken a few random steps here and there without any consistency. But, tonight, oh, tonight - he took several steps in a row not once, not twice, not even three times! Mr. Step Taker was just chugging along every time we stood him up! There's definitely still a ways to go before he's fully walking, but it's the beginning of the end of his crawling days. I'm not as nostalgic over this step as I am with the nursing because I know it means big things for our little explorer! I cannot wait to see what else this guy does. Here's a little glimpse into the magical happenings in our home this evening.



He's my favorite. I love him so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...